Wednesday, August 1, 2012

FIRST WEEK!

We have been here a week, and I haven’t written anything for the blog until now. I am not sure why that is…am I still processing my emotions? So, I guess I’ll start with some simple comments.

I LOVE IT HERE!!! I know it’s new and a little like a vacation right now, but I feel that we are all adjusting nicely. We love our new gecko pets and no one seems to mind squashing the “big bugs”. The weather has been mild. We use blankets at night and I even wore a sweatshirt last night.

Our house is huge. Everyone has their own bedroom and bathroom. We had to buy tons of toothpaste and shampoo so everyone would have their own - silly, I know, but it made me laugh. Their rooms are huge too.  We all have beds now, and we put up curtains in many of the rooms to add color.

Our neighbors are awesome!! There are a many missionaries here in our community who have been very helpful with the transition. They have driven us around to show us the best places to buy what we need, and have given us tons of good advice.

We are so fortunate to be on this journey with the Willard family. We have spent a lot of time together and it has been comforting to have someone going through the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment