Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thoughts on the First Days in Nica -by Sammy (with help from Dad)


Well, it took a while to get here, but we made it. While we got our luggage at the airport, we could see Mr. Peter through the window. Mr. Peter is Mr. Wyeth’s dad. He started a cool camp called Campo Alegria. On our travel day, we wore matching t-shirts with the Campo Alegria logo. They look like this:


I woke up on our first day – Wednesday – sleeping on a cot in the Willards’ new living room, and I thought to myself, “its adventure time!” Well, it wasn’t much like that at all really. We just played Wii most of the day.


But, we did get to see our awesome amazing castle-house!!!! It looks like this:


I’m getting a tower bedroom. I want to use the tower part of my room for my Legos. Julia is going to get the huge master bedroom, and Nate will be in the other tower bedroom. That one has a bathroom in the tower.

Some of our neighbors helped bring some furniture over today. They brought some couches from another house in our neighborhood, but the truck left before I could get in. So, I had to run after them back to our castle-house.

They have a lot of the food and stuff here that we have at home, but just a little bit different. Like milk – we usually drink nonfat milk at home, but here they mostly have whole. And it comes in a weird carton. Another thing that’s different is the apple juice. Apple juice in the US is delicious – it’s sweet and clear and I like it like that. In Nica, the apple juice is thicker, almost like cider. We have a lot of trees around us, like at home, but most of these are coconut palms, and some even have bananas and mangos. The fruit here is very fresh and good.


Being here for the whole year doesn’t really seem real yet. It feels a lot like the other times we’ve visited Nicaragua. Pretty soon, I start at my new school, Nicaragua Christian Academy. Maybe then it will start to feel real.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Sammy! I can't wait to hear more about all of the adventures you will have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sammy! Make sure u post a pic of your tower Lego room once it's done. The boys would like to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the updates and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update Sammy! I can't wait to see pictures of your tower bedrooms! Have fun climbing trees and playing wii until school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your update! I'm so happy for your family and will be praying for you as you adjust to your new home. Thanks for telling us a little about what it's like there!

    ReplyDelete